Monday, October 1, 2012

Inside Job

Informative Entertainment

To me, there is a huge difference between bias and giving an opinion supported by studies and fact.


This was the second time I watched the documentary Inside Job and the facts were still shocking. The film was made in a way to entertain so that the message being sent to the audience is very powerful. Most people would claim that a film like Inside Job is extremely bias, but the way I see it is a well supported overview of an important issue. The documentary goes into detail on the series of events that caused the recent world recession. The events are explained in ways that are  attractive to the viewer and are made easy to understand. The film uses compelling imagery, stimulating music, interviews with many different people and informative charts and graphs.All of these techniques combined help portray the intended message in a well thought out organized way and make this a very good documentary.

Of course there are always going to be people opposed to what a documentary has to say, and people people who will dispute anything said in the film. For me, if these people made a film, I know I would disagrees with everything that they had to say. There isn't one specific right or wrong, but this film intended to give a specific massage and it did an incredible job of it. Below is a link to an article that is against the views in Inside Job.

http://www.goldenstateliberty.com/2011/03/gsl-movie-review-inside-job.html

I was also interested to see what the director of the film had to say about what he had created. In an interview, he told exactly what the film was about."The film is about the systemic corruption of United States by the financial services industry." As I said before, if this is what the film is about, then defining this and backing it up with support is not bias. Below is a link to the interview in which I found the above quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS0hj4kiqsA


1 comment:

  1. I agree with your assertion that this film is not biased. If a director states their intention and thoroughly supports the idea with the film, then I think it is simply a successful venture instead of being biased. I really enjoyed this film as well and thought it was extremely informative and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete